Join now - be part of our community!

vgn-a115s dvd+- rw not working

HP2
Visitor

vgn-a115s dvd+- rw not working

i have a vgn-a115s which has dvd +-rw. i am able to burn cd-r as well as cd-rw.. i cannot burn a single dvd yet.. not dvd -r +r or rw either format..please help me as soon as u can..someone..!!im worried

HP2

27 REPLIES 27
HP2
Visitor

i am pessimistic coz i had packard bell m5 p4 2.7 3 months ago but a strange thing happnd.. coz due to weather in kent, it rained a bit heavily coz dunno from where keyboard got moisture in it and it blew my circuits away.. coudnt get it under warranty so i had to just keep it.. wastage of £1100.. so im not lucky at computers.. thats a perfect reason to b worried is'nt!! moreover im an overseas student so it was very expensive deal for me stil.i will call sony tomorrow and see what they have to say.. wish me luck then :wink:

HP2

TygerTyger
Visitor

Oh dear. I can imagine that since it was rain/flooding that caused the problem, the insurance/warranty company may treat class that as an 'Act of God' which means it won't be repaired under the terms of the warranty. Same goes with lightening travelling down your phone line and blowing up your computer in a lot of cases.
Anyway that's not the same thing as just being faulty when you bought it like in this case so you have nothing to worry about.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sorry to hear that man, that sucks :slight_frown: I can understand your anguish at this problem, so I wish you all the best with Sony.

Some insurance companies can help with natural disasters but it can be costly.

nmanfield
Visitor

Looks like yo're a fello sufferer at the hands of Sony and Dixons. Any time anyone mentions where they bought their Vaio it seems to be from Dixons. I'm one of those. I bought a Vaio with DVD and rewriter about 10 days ago. The DVD doesn't work and it wont rewrite though CDs seem fine. I'm very annoyed as you can imagine, because I work abroad and Sony refuse to give me the details on how to return the unit to them. I've also reloaded the software and this had no effect. My sympathies go out to you as I'm in the same boat and I know how it feels. Sony should sort their act out, as all the reports I've heard and my own experience seem to point at customer service which is very far below the mark

Regards,
nmanfield@yahoo.co.uk

TygerTyger
Visitor

They may not have communicated it very well to you, but actually you have to go to Dixons to sort it out not Sony. If Dixons then want to send it back to Sony or not that's up to them, but they must do it, not you.

kee-lo_

I think if it's a retail store like Dixons, they arrange the pickup and drop off. But with internet stores they pick it up from home and take it back to your house.

HP2
Visitor

:slight_frown: i went to dixons and they told me to call their so-called dedicated line. all they did was baby talk and told me to chech hardware stuff and then said call sony for it. well but my question is that i never bought it from sony, i bought it from dixons. so why the hell shall i take it to sony. its their problem. else they give me a refund or get my product replaced. sony says to go to dixons coz i dealt with them and not sony itself. now im a student and dont know anyone who can help me. but now even the vaio recovery disk is not working. so i am stuck with the application recovery. wont read it. shall i file a case against them at the police station. i will tell them that i bought it from dixons and now under warranty they r refusing to sort me out with it. they're telling me to go to sony. pls help

HP2

spider.s3
Visitor

tell your Dixons store that you are entitled to a replacement laptop for them, if the item is faulty within 30 days of purchased.
and that is there policy.

kee-lo_

Hmm why am I not suprised.
It's probably easier to get Sony to look at it, and anyway they'll probably do a WELL better job than Dixons.

HP2
Visitor

well sony will do a beter job but the thing is why are dixons backing away from thier policy and not giving any definite answer. i am entitled to a refund within 28 days of purchase. so if i return the faulty laptop to them im entitled to a full refund. i just want a refund and its better if i look at pc-world or buy it online from sony website itself.. shall i involve the police in it if they dont give me a refund or exchange?

HP2