Join now - be part of our community!

PCG-K315B - IS IT JUST MY BATTERY??

chilly007
Visitor

PCG-K315B - IS IT JUST MY BATTERY??

:cry: I am the proud owner of a sony notebook, albeit an entry model level, and I would like to determine if i have a dodgey battery.

I only purchased this notebook last week and after several full re-charges the battery only seems to last approx 1hr, even when i am just using a word processor package.

Is this the norm? I have used several options in the power management tool but the short battery life persists. Could it be that I have a defective battery or are you experiencing the same problems.

I would like to hear from any other users.
Many thanks - amateur sony man

4 REPLIES 4
tirreg
Visitor

its a normal item that the battery has a short life.
I read someware that the sony battery is know about the battery`s but you have to live with this.
Normaly you can use 1.5 a 2 houres with the full battery.

hankatten
Visitor

I bought a powerbatteri for my Sony Z1, which makes it last 4 hours wihtout any powersaving features enabled. Most likely you have this option for your PCG-K315B.

They are horrible expensive on Sony's website, but I got lucky on Ebay and payed £ 70 for a original Sony one.

morgankeane
Visitor

I think Sony should replace the batteries free of charge, the Vaio is sold as a 'PORTABLE' computer although it's only portable if you have an external power supply.
I previousely owned a Panasonic notebook and may have to go back to it because my Vaio has no battery life, which is annoying because apart from the battery life the vaio is great!

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

I would kill for 4 hours of battery life on my VAIO...

1 to 2.5 hours is about average for any battery, some models drain the battery faster than others.

To maximise battery life:

OK So its not much fun, but at least you will get near to your full rated battery life.

If you are still unsure, visit VAIO-Link (the link is in my signature), and open the specifications sheet for your model. Sony will tell you how many hours of life you should recieve. If you still experience problems PLEASE contact VAIO-Link for assistance.