Join now - be part of our community!

vgn-a115s dvd+- rw not working

HP2
Visitor

vgn-a115s dvd+- rw not working

i have a vgn-a115s which has dvd +-rw. i am able to burn cd-r as well as cd-rw.. i cannot burn a single dvd yet.. not dvd -r +r or rw either format..please help me as soon as u can..someone..!!im worried

HP2

27 REPLIES 27
ZyRaIN
Visitor

Hmm well there is not much to it either you can burn dvd or you can't there is no special setup or anything, so I believe that it must be the drive which has an error, try watching a dvd movies does this work? the drive has one laser to cdr and a different one to the dvd burner, so I could be this which is damaged...

Hope it helps a little..

fotiselianos
Visitor

why you can't write do you receive any error messages or something?
What program do you use? Maybe you have wrong settings

gabs
Visitor

I have the same problem with my PCG-GRT815e. I'm taking it back to the shop tomorrow. I think it's a driver error.

HP2
Visitor

im using the drang and drop software which comes budled with vaio. strange it that i can burn cd-rw/cdr can even play dvd but cant burn them. error shows.. unknown error..this is bull*hit. i took it bk to dixons where i obught it from...they gave me a dedicated helpline which didnt solve my prob at all.. now what shall i do? does tht mean i have to use it like this and get an external dvd rw?? ne suggestions or settings??

TygerTyger
Visitor

if it doesnt work you are entitled to a replacement or refund (if you havent had it long). You by no means have to just put up with it.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I certainly wouldn't just put up with it - take it back to the store or call VAIO Link to arrange a pickup.

HP2
Visitor

i called up dixons dedicated line but they said its problem with my dvd rw, so i have to call up sony and arrange for a pickup. now i tried but they were closed. so i will call them up tomorrow and tell them my probs.. till now i sepnt lots of pounds on buying different dvd r brands. nothing worked. my worst nightmare, i did system recovery and only to find application recovery does not read the recovery cd while system recovery does.. strange..ne sugestions out there?? expirenced people how to deal with sony people if they dont get ready to replace my product???i will b cheated in that case then.. hasnt been even a month since i bought it... ne suggestions greatly welcome

HP2

TygerTyger
Visitor

you will be sorted out don't worry. you sound very pessimistic about all this have you had bad experiences before?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Just think positively, hopefully your laptop will be repaired without problems.