Join now - be part of our community!

UPDATES FOR SONY VAIO MP3 POCKET ***sign this thread***

ovyuk
Visitor

UPDATES FOR SONY VAIO MP3 POCKET ***sign this thread***

OK people maybe if there is enough people who will sign this thread, to get sony to do an update so we can view video formats on the sony vaio mp3 pocket.
Maybe this will attrract there attention and they could sort it out!

Maybe they will but get your fingers crossed, Pray and write your name here...

Thanks
Ovy
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

155 REPLIES 155
Hellz_Virtue
Visitor

Thank you so much nickkr! Finally, someone who agrees with me! See with the white screen of death, I tried resetting it, however, it just switched off, and went back to the white screen of death! Its a shame as the VP could've been so much more with a bit more effort, but trust me, the white screen of death is not exciting or funny, especially when it won't fu***ng go away!!!

It happened to me once when i tried just switching it off, and it just froze saying 'switching power off' for 1 hour+, i then reset it, and BOOM, white screen! Other time was when I took it off the cradle after charging fully, just went straight to the white screen again. Happened in the space of 2 weeks, was a little pissed off but hey, it ended up alright so nothing too big this time.....

I just hope Sony make another player like it, maybe smaller, but with a colour screen, and fingers crossed video playback. This still rules but if they made a 'sequel' to it I would no doubt willingly pay for it *hint hint Sony* :smileygrin:

dmslider
Visitor

I think that the m,ore people which sign up to this the more likely that Sony ( a very reputable company ) will do something about it. Although i think that the chances of them bringin a software update for something which is older than most the models they currently do. but even so SONY ATLEAST geT one person updating it

steve702
Visitor

That would be so good if it happened
Count me in

Hellz_Virtue
Visitor

Well again, it doent matter if you would love it to happen or if its a good idea, it isn't going to happen. No matter what. I would put money on it that it wouldn't, because:

1) VAIO Pocket is already obsolete
2) Its physically impossible - VAIO was made to play only music
3) Sony is a reputable company, but its not profitable for them to try and revive an old dying player. I dare say there's already plans for a new media player by Sony at the moment.
4) Just because it has a colour screen doesn't mean it is capable of playing video files. Look at the iPod photo. Its got a colour screen, and even a community of hackers haven't even bothered hacking it to make it a media player. You know why? BECAUSE ITS DAMN WELL IMPOSSIBLE.

Im going to keep posting until people stop signing this thread.

Cala
Visitor

Here is hoping!

HeartOfDarkness
Visitor

Count me in, although I would much rather see audio-related improvements to the Vaio Pocket than video support.

For instance:

- possibility to name playlists so that we can have more than 5;
- possibility to choose the criteria to order the contents of the player (for instance, if one goes into the "genre" tab, the content is listed only by Artists. Would be great to be able to order by album titles, date, or even title);
- possibility to have an "AND" operator when listing the contents of the player. As an illustration, if I have John Doe artist that made 5 "rock" albums and 3 "soundtrack" albums, if I choose "Genre" -> "Rock" -> "John Doe", the Vaio will give me all 8 albums by John Doe, both "Rock" and "Soundtrack" albums, when it should only give me the 5 Rock albums (I started my search by selecting the "Rock" genre);
- possibility to "preview" a music piece whille not interrupting the one currently playing: you're listening to song A, you're searching and finding song B, you "preview" song B (it interrupts song A to play song B), and when you press any key, song A resumes where it was when you interrupted it. This should also work with playlists (if song A is in a playlist, you still are in the playlist when it resumes).
- reorganization of the contents when you upload music to the player should go MUCH faster.

Those are the items I'd like to see improved with the Vaio Pocket, so that it should be on par, interface-wise, with the 5 years-old Creative Jukebox 3, for instance.

MadarbWoT
Visitor

count me in...

hope never dies they say.
let us see if that is true after all!:smileywink:

jazzmantom
Visitor

For the Sony Vaio Pocket to allow video playback would be a dream come true. Come on sony!

Count me in :smileygrin:

Pissy
Visitor

I'm in tooooooooooo

febs
Visitor

Mmmm what about crackers/hackers? i dont think i have ever seen the VP subject to any type of hacking,have you? So you cant realy say it isnt possible for video to be played back alhough i do agree with you that sony will not release another update for it.