Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to cast to SonyBravia TV

SOLVED

Unable to cast to SonyBravia TV

I have a Sony Bravia Android TV and ave been able to cast from my android Tablet and mobile successfully, this includong films etc.

All of a sudden this has stopped working.. It comes up on the all cast list, connects but then comes up with just a black screen no matter what I do.

Ihave tried a few different thing's but got nowhere!

Anyone have any aid to this at all?

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
davyjon
Explorer

Nothing from Sony! However I ”rediscovered” the “cast” control in Settings…. under “Connection preferences…bluetooth, NFC” Click on that and “cast” appears! My mobile is Android and I think there was an update which moved “cast” to this new location. Anyway it works on my phone…try it
profile.country.GB.title
nicki123polo
New

I think I'm havig the same issue. How do you check who is on what connection though??

profile.country.GB.title
davyjon
Explorer

Hi..my mobile is android. In settings I go to ..connected devices....connection preferences..list of options includes.....CAST...on or off.. when watching YouTube or dvd there will a small tv icon up in top right hand corner of screen, black ...if you tap that it will turn blue and cast from mobile to tv. Simple!!

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
freshfall
Explorer

Worked perfect for me.

Follow the steps and uninstall updates.

ENJOY!!!

profile.country.GB.title
freshfall
Explorer

Solution:

1. On the supplied IR remote control, press the HOME button.
  2. Select 

Settings.
  3. Under the TV category, select App.
  4. Under the App category, select System app.
  5. Under the System app category, select Google Cast Receiver or Chromecast built-in.
  6. Clear data
  7. Uninstall updates

Worked perfect for me.

Follow the steps and uninstall updates.

ENJOY!!!

life69
New

I can't cast or wireless connect to my old brave TV.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi life69 , what the model number of your TV? And what's the device that you're trying to cast from?

profile.country.GB.title
davyjon
Explorer

This goes back over a year! Sorted , just need to see “cast” is on on phone

Sent from my iPad