Join now - be part of our community!

Picture Set Up and Subtitle operation.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Stevesrt
Explorer

Picture Set Up and Subtitle operation.

I Have a Sony KD-43XD8099 HDR 4K TV.

1, Is there a definitive picture set up guide for this model? 

2, I am also having problems trying to turn on the Subtitles, I have found a drop down box with "off" and "Language" in it I can select language but I can not seem to turn the OFF into a ON and once on will the subtitles work with the Amazon app. Any ideas?

Many Thanks. Steve.
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

About No1 this guide is common for all TVs:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/how-tos-faqs-tvs-home-cinema/our-definitive-guide-to-the-perfect-tv-...

About No2 this is for Digital channels. I don't know about Amazon. Someone that uses, might help you:

Goto Settings -> Channel Setup -> Digital Setup -> Subtitle Setup

and select your prefered subtitles order

View solution in original post

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Stevesrt

Have a look at this user from US forum. Download the file from his Personal Web Page.(2015-Sony-X850C-Picture Settings-v6.xlsx)

https://community.sony.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/249687

I don't know if this can help you for setting up your Picture.

Picture settings are the second tab in this .xls

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just bear in mind that one persons picture settings may not be suitable for someone else.  This could be due to them having a brighter or darker room than your's.  Personal preference of certain settings or even what your main viewing is (i.e. Sports vs Movies). 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Stevesrt wrote:

2, I am also having problems trying to turn on the Subtitles, I have found a drop down box with "off" and "Language" in it I can select language but I can not seem to turn the OFF into a ON and once on will the subtitles work with the Amazon app. Any ideas?

Many Thanks. Steve.

This confuses people, but there is no 'ON'. If the subtitles are ON, they have to be a defined Language, so choosing a Language in effect sets ON.

But OFF is OFF, for every Language 🙂

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

About No1 this guide is common for all TVs:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/how-tos-faqs-tvs-home-cinema/our-definitive-guide-to-the-perfect-tv-...

About No2 this is for Digital channels. I don't know about Amazon. Someone that uses, might help you:

Goto Settings -> Channel Setup -> Digital Setup -> Subtitle Setup

and select your prefered subtitles order

profile.country.GB.title
Stevesrt
Explorer

Hi, Thank you for your help, however the basics are covered but there are at least another dozen adjustments with various levels on this model.

I am sure Sony must have list of optimum settings for there TVs (Not factory default) I guess I will have to wait till a independent releases a review. 

Many Thanks

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Stevesrt

Have a look at this user from US forum. Download the file from his Personal Web Page.(2015-Sony-X850C-Picture Settings-v6.xlsx)

https://community.sony.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/249687

I don't know if this can help you for setting up your Picture.

Picture settings are the second tab in this .xls

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just bear in mind that one persons picture settings may not be suitable for someone else.  This could be due to them having a brighter or darker room than your's.  Personal preference of certain settings or even what your main viewing is (i.e. Sports vs Movies). 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Stevesrt wrote:

Many Thanks. Steve.

This confuses people, but there is no 'ON'. If the subtitles are ON, they have to be a defined Language, so choosing a Language in effect sets ON.

But OFF is OFF, for every Language 🙂

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
Stevesrt
Explorer

Cheers thanks for that:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
Stevesrt
Explorer

Thanks for your help:smileyhappy:

mahawor46
Explorer

Can the 43XD8088 be set for subtitles to be on permanently when available? My 6 year Bravia could.  This new set came yesterday and I will return it in a couple of days if this facility is not available.  I need subtitles and do not intend to have to switch them on every time I change channels.

Dr Martin Haworth

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @mahawor46

Yes it is possible to have subtitles perminantly on.

Press the [Home] button on remote control and goto Settings > Channel Setup > Digital Setup > Subtitle Set-up and set "Subtitle Setting" to BASIC.  Also ensure that you have set the "Primary Preferred Language" to 'English'

That should go it.

Cheers