Join now - be part of our community!

Picture Set Up and Subtitle operation.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Stevesrt
Explorer

Picture Set Up and Subtitle operation.

I Have a Sony KD-43XD8099 HDR 4K TV.

1, Is there a definitive picture set up guide for this model? 

2, I am also having problems trying to turn on the Subtitles, I have found a drop down box with "off" and "Language" in it I can select language but I can not seem to turn the OFF into a ON and once on will the subtitles work with the Amazon app. Any ideas?

Many Thanks. Steve.
12 REPLIES 12
mahawor46
Explorer

Thank you.  I found the way there myself exactly as you said using 

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/100285/~/youview%3A-remote-contr...?

I think that the problem is that the Settings are difficult to find - right at the bottom of the home button beneath a plethora of programmes and options, and a lack of proper instructions.

subtitles are an important accessibility factor for those needing them.

Martin

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're Welcome :slight_smile:

Glad you managed to find it.  TVs these days are rather complicated things and loads and loads of settings.  And Sony's lack of proper manuals does not help either :slight_smile:

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
chenks76
Explorer

i had a look at this guide and the bit at the start that says to turn stuff off, well my TV doesn't have those settings, so it's hard to even start when you don't know where the starting point is.

also it says use a DVD or bluray player to view the image, well i don't have either, so i guess it's not possible.