Join now - be part of our community!

Some streaming apps won't connect to my internet

SOLVED
marweir36
Explorer

Some streaming apps won't connect to my internet

Hi all. So I've read through plenty of posts on people having wi-fi issues but none like this. 

Moved my XD8088 to a new house which has a different Wi-Fi set up (as in new network name but same ISP). Booted up, added new network and went to Netflix and it played fine. Went to

YouTube, Sony Store, Play Store, PS Video & Plex, these all load fine. 

However Amazon Prime, ITV Player, BBC iPlayer, Channel 5 Player, Channel 4 Player and PS Now will not load. They all say there is no internet connection.

I have also tried loading these via my iPhone hotspot and they say the same so Wi-Fi distance can't be to blame here. 

Tried clearing the cache of Amazon Prime and rebooting fresh and same issue. 

Yet to try the fill reset to avoid re-doing my picture settings. 

Any ideas please! 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there

I think it might be best to start with the first two steps in the troubleshooting process.

1. Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed on the TV - see instructions HERE
    2. Once done, factory reset the TV.  This can clear and resolve many issues - see instructions HERE

Give that a go and reply back and let us know how you got on.

Cheers

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Try changing the DNS of your TV network setup to a public one (such as 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In addition to what Rooobb says above, when things like YouTube work, but iPlayer/Demand5 doesnt, this indicates that your IP Address is not located in the UK.

Try going to:

https://www.iplocation.net/

Rebooting your router can also help.

Cheers

xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

If you have a BT home hub (or your isp has a similar noob friendly option), turn off smart setup on the router.

My friend's router died a few weeks ago and BT sent him a new one.

He set up everything the same as before, but couldn't get anything to connect to his Android TV. I got him to turn off smart setup on his router, and everything then worked instantly. 

Not saying it is this, but it may help. 

marweir36
Explorer

Thanks. Updated the DNS on the TV and no change. Same apps work and same apps don't. 

IP locater checked out fine too, knows I'm in the UK. 

marweir36
Explorer

Thanks for the idea. It's a talk talk router and it's about the same model as my old one with the same set up and it had no issues. Why I think it's not the router is because even doing a hotspot from my phone has the exact same problem. That's 2 differen't wi-fi options and 2 ISPs. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there

I think it might be best to start with the first two steps in the troubleshooting process.

1. Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed on the TV - see instructions HERE
    2. Once done, factory reset the TV.  This can clear and resolve many issues - see instructions HERE

Give that a go and reply back and let us know how you got on.

Cheers

marweir36
Explorer

Thanks. So the factory reset did it. All back to normal. Just tried to avoid it best I could. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool - glad it was as simple as that in the end :slight_smile:

Have fun :thumbsup: