Join now - be part of our community!

WinDVD BD AACS key expire problem

flamingelectric
Visitor

WinDVD BD AACS key expire problem

This maybe a basic question but I cant seem to do it!

Every time I start up my Windvd BD it says my AACS key is about to expire. I click yes to update and it directs me to the Corel website, which i registered and told it to update. This opens a new window which says the download will start shortly but it never does!!

Any ideas.

Thanks

Flame

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Flame and welcome to Club Vaio.

We have all struggled with this.

Try it again but this time run WinDVD BD as an Administrator - go to All Progtams and right-click on WinDVD BD for Vaio and choose 'Run as Administrator'. When it has opened then inset the disc. When the prompt warns the AACS keys need renewing, click on Yes, sign into the Corel site and it should download OK.

:wink:

tonybalony
Visitor

Hi,

Just bought my vaio VGN-AW21Z/B last month and have exactly the same problem. I have tried your suggestion but still get the same message.

Can somebody from Sony please tell me how to fix this as i'm getting really hacked off with it.

Thanks

NickBrown
Visitor

Sony's level 2 support is aware of this problem, admits it is a problem with WinDVD 8 and said I could pay for an upgrade to WinDVD 9.

NickBrown
Visitor

Sony's level 2 support is aware of the inability for AACS files to update from Corel's website issue and they admit it is a problem with WinDVD 8 and said I could pay for WinDVD 9 because that might fix the problem. It costs $70 to upgrade. I have been on the phone with them every other week for 2 months and there does not appear that there will be a solution provided by Sony because nothing has changed. If they wanted to fix the problem they could find a way to provide users with an upgrade to WinDVD9. I bought my VGN-AR825e because I could play Blu-Ray disks with Dolby 5.1 surround. It was supposed to work. Why do I need to pay to fix it? I am waiting for a phone call from Sony support in San Diego. Possibly they will find a way to deal with this.

I am now getting this problem

there are people on this site who are trying to help, butr Sony sucks. I paid £1500 for a blu ray laptop and Sony treats me with inepr contempt. I will never buy another Sony product. I have Sony dvd players and tv's at home but no more.

Sony, I can be treated like crap for a lower price than you charge.

Ed.Birch
Visitor

Having tried the Corel website update and having completely reinstalled and updated WinDVD I had no luck with the AACS Key update. However, follwoing this advice to run WinDVD 'As Administrator' worked first time, even though my main log-in is listed as an administrator. Thanks. :slight_smile: :laughing:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sony have now put the solution to this problem on the new Vaio-Link support pages: -

http://genesis.sony-europe.com/instranet/ccil_sony/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=34678

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

That link is not working for me Blencogo :thinking:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Evening Rich - hope you are well.

It is a new site and I had problems initially but all seems OK now.

Try clicking on SUPPORT in the top bar -> Solutions -> UK and sign in with your model.

This is the link to the sign in page - I have this set up as a shortcut: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/index.aspx?m=0&l=en_GB