Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Support Saga

profile.country.el_GR.title
Harry4GTech
Visitor

Vaio Support Saga

I was wondering if anyone in this forum has gotten a replacement instead of repair on a VAIO Z1x Series. It looks like that Sony is actually repalcing some notebooks in USA and APAC instead of repairing (even for minor issues like the famous hinge problem)...

A bit of history that migh trigger some answers from Sony:

I purchased a Z11Z9e/b from Greece in May 2010.Since then I had to move for work in South Africa. A few weeks later I needed to use the Ethernet port ( I am always on wifi/mifi).

The ethernet port was not funtioning at all. It took me 2 months to manage to get the African Support to accept to repair the notebook (motherboard replacement). They did...

Next stop? SSD Raid failure! After a few days with the notebook "crashing and burning my data" a 2nd repair was neccessary. The team in South Africa replaced the SSD but the could not fix the correct RAID sequence (Quad SSD). Taking the notebook back home and having a strange message coming up every hour about a "disk found on port 1" and another one "disk removed from port 1"...i started getting worried...fingerprint sensor stopped working, IRQ confilcts were detected etc etc...I have decided to take it back for a 3rd repair:

A day before i get the notebook repaired another disaster: The LCD produced black spots (a lot of them) at the botton of the screen between the glass cover and the LCD screen making impossible to read behind the spots..double repaired required...

Currently the notebook is still with Sony South Africa and they are having issues with the Nvidia Card driver and general performance (constant drive failures etc)....

If anyone knows (or managed) how to get a replacement of the machine, instead of constantly repairing a 2200 Euro machine please come forward...your support will be appreciated...

PS. Did I say that Sony EU support is deaf? this will take another couple of pages to describe the story...

0 REPLIES 0