Join now - be part of our community!

too much illuminated LCD screen

enzo95
Visitor

too much illuminated LCD screen

Dear Vaio friends,

Maybe some of you would remember me from my posting on not being able to decide on buying S3 or B1 series. FInally I ordered a B1XP and yesterday I got it delivered to my office (hurray). It's a very cute thing and at this very moment I am writing this post using my new B1.

So far so good, however I need your valuable comments again for another issue. At the very bottom of the LCD screen frame there is too much illumination which makes the rest of the screen a bit hazy (not as crystal clear as my GRX315MP) and I need to fold the screen a bit more to a backwards in order find a good working position. It's all about a couple of centimeters high, strongly light emitting section at the botton of the screen where normally the task bar is located.

After calling Sony about it and not getting an clear answer whether this is because of a defect LCD or a characteristic of B1 series screen, I decided to go for club opinion on this issue. The best Sony can offer is to get my notebook picked up, examined and in case it's defect, get it replaced.

Has anyone experienced such a situation or have some idea on what to do about it? Please try to let me know before Monday, before Sony comes to pick it up. In case it's all normal, I do not want to miss my notebook for couple of weeks.

Waiting to hear from you all,

Enzo

16 REPLIES 16
psampa
Visitor

As I have already mentioned in my post in previous threads most likely the issue you are describing is a "feature" of the B1 series. I had the chance to look at four other B1's and had they same appearance. I remember that I also read a similar remark in an article in a local computer magazine that reviewed B1XP.So, I assume that as long as it is only a matter of brighter area at the bottom of the screen Sony would not do anything. However, if there are other problems too (as color saturation,pixelization, etc) you should contact Sony.

enzo95
Visitor

Hi all,

Since couple of days I'm trying to convince Sony to have them have a look at my notebook. Recently they asked me to supply them some pictures illustrating the problem, I'm gonna send them these tomorrow (Sony technical service needs evidence of the problem, they say).

Is there any chance that I can let you guys see some of these pictues? Maybe it will help some of you to compare with your B1 notebooks.

Enzo

TygerTyger
Visitor

Sounds like a great idea. If you have nowhere to put your photos, try here:

http://www.photobucket.com/

enzo95
Visitor

Thanks for the tip TT, just check this out:

You have been invited to visit a photo album http://photobucket.com/albums/v712/enzo95/

By the way, everbody is welcomed to comment on photos.

Enzo

TygerTyger
Visitor

I don't know anything about that model but looking at those photos says to me it's a repair job. That's much worse than it should be, I'm sure of it.

enzo95
Visitor

thanks for your time, TT!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah I would agree with TT, that doesn't look good, and it's probably not going to be good on your eyes either.