Join now - be part of our community!

sony vaio vgn-fz21e, NVIDIA graphics processor issue

profile.country.en_IE.title
ioskorpo
Visitor

sony vaio vgn-fz21e, NVIDIA graphics processor issue

my sony vaio vgn-fz21e will not boot.
when i start it up, i hear one long beep and the two short beeps and thats it.
the screen stays blank, the mouse doesn't work and same with the keyboard.
i read on the internet that it could be related with the graphics processors.

on the sony website at the support section does say that "any customer who requires repair of their VAIO computer due to the NVIDIA graphics processor issue, Sony will cover the cost of repair (parts and labor) at no charge during the first four years following the date of purchase of the models in question (see list below).
In case your model is shown in the list below, we invite you to contact VAIO Support to arrange service for your VAIO".

did anybody had this issue and how did sony support helped you?

3 REPLIES 3
Vaio-Jeanette
Visitor

look at this: http://club.vaio.sony.eu/clubvaio/pl/pl/forum/viewthread?thread=55888

:slight_frown:

VGN-SZ61XN-C have the similar problem!!!
When I contacted Sony they said they would not repair it free of charge because it is not one of the affected models. Can somebody help me?

I Have Sony VGN-FZ21Z too, and was 2 times repaired (2nd repair after 7 days from sony delivery) times it have been in GERMAN service before!. Now is hot (One month after 2nd repair)! Give me cash back, or similar notebook!!!! :slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
shahid
Visitor

hi there.I am in middle of my dissertation when my sony vaio screen has got distorted and i cant do any work!its a complete shame that sony doesnt give its customer one straight technical support guideline rather than hiding the phone numbers somewhere in the website!!

I am completely disgusted seeing the level of speed and inefficiency i have experienced while i am trying to contact sony support!A big international brand like sony should not do its base customers( Compare to Apple customer service i will rate sony service as substandard!)

Now, can anyone help me to find out the solution anf get it repaired asap! I have done my research and it says nvidia graphics card is to blame for it!Please help

thanks everyone.

profile.country.fr_FR.title
bapfonta
Visitor

Same here. After exactly 39 months of extensive use of my VAIO, it crashed and the same exact pb happened. So VAIO owners having 30+ months use, beware!

The good thing is, SONY have been quite helpful on this. Called them straight away, UPS came the following day. And my laptop is being repaired free of charge. The Sony helpline did hang up on me twice in a row, but in the end, what matters is (1) I'm getting this repaired for free, and (2) it's done very quickly. I am following this from my UPS ref number: it took 24h to take my laptop from southern France to Strasbourg (through Koeln, Germany) and it seems that in a couple of days, I'll already have the beauty with me!

Hope this helps.

PS: about my BEWARE above... Yes I DID MEAN DO BCKUP ALL YOUR DOCS REGULARLY POST 30 months' use!