Join now - be part of our community!

Pre-installed Office Starter 2010

profile.country.en_GB.title
Biddi82
Visitor

Pre-installed Office Starter 2010

Hi, I bought a VPCEB3F4E about 3 weeks ago and cannot register the Windows Office pack that came pre-installed with the machine.

I entered the product key on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop but it tells me that it's not a valid product key.  I've been on to Microsoft support about it and was told that since it was pre-installed by the manufacturer I need to contact them.

Anyone's got any suggestions of what the next step would be?  Any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Microsoft Office Starter 2010 has limited functionality versions of Word and Excel and includes advertising. It comes free and is already activated. It has no Product Key and you cannot register it as it is not a full Office product.  It is designed for people who will not use the features of the full Office product and replaces Microsoft Works.

If you want to access a full featured version of Office 2010 you will have to purchase a Product Key Card as Office Starter includes the software for the full product and just needs a valid Product Key to activate.

Read about Microsoft Office Starter 2010 here: -

http://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/products/office/pages/office_2010_starter.aspx

:wink: