Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio AIO PCG 252M - nVidia GeForce Go 7400 GPU - Motherboard LGC-LA2 - Screen blackout

profile.country.en_GB.title
mukesh111
Visitor

Sony Vaio AIO PCG 252M - nVidia GeForce Go 7400 GPU - Motherboard LGC-LA2 - Screen blackout

I need nVidia GeForce Go7400 GPU graphic &/or chipset for Sony Vaio All-In-One desktop Motherboard  VGC-LA2. Unless other

graphic card or chipset can be used.
Problem is power-on and screen goes-off. Press Monitor-on switch screen comes-on and in 2-5secs off again. After warm

screen sometimes screen stays on for a while or longer a;though rarely. same repeat on/off.. According to sony web site seems

nVidia GeForce 7400 graphich chipset problem so advise solution.

I hv seen other user with same problem not yet supported by sony. I have noticed other model with same chipset supported free by Sony.

I hv used for basic purpose no games, also mostly use laptop yet just after 3yr extended warranty this hv stopped my expensive pc.

I hv done Factory reset still the same at BIOS screen as well as after Vista startup. Also sometimes crash with

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
  OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 2057

I can see faint desktop behind Black-screen.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi mukesh111,

Try shining a torch on the screen - can you see the desktop?

If so the problem sounds to me like a simple backlight failure.  The inverter that supplies high voltage to the backlight may have an intermittent fault or a connection may be dodgy.

I would have this checked first as it will be a great deal cheaper than the graphics chip or the motherboard - both of which may be too expensive for economical repair.

:thinking:

skydiei
Visitor

Hi here,

I notice this was posted some time ago but hopefully someone can help..

This is the problem I have. How do I replace the inverter?

I was just about to through away the computer as most people said I needed to buy a new motherboard and it was not worth it.

Thanks

Richard

skydiei
Visitor

I have found you can buy inverters but not a clue which one I would need... Is there a way to find the part number?

Thank you in advance