Join now - be part of our community!

Problem Sony Vaio VGN-FE21M

SOLVED
profile.country.bg_BG.title
tosho_mt
Visitor

Problem Sony Vaio VGN-FE21M

Can I reinstall over USB Sony Vaio VGN-FE21M? Does the manufacturer such operation

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tosho_mt
Visitor

Unfortunately does not work: (I'll have to find some alternative. However, thanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

No - on the older Vaios sold with XP installed, you can only install Windows from an internal DVD Drive or the Hard Disc Recovery Partition.  Boot from USB is disabled.

:slight_frown:

tosho_mt
Visitor

Thanks friend. This is a really bad news for me but is there any chance to make asystem update to allow USB installation or is this impossible?

Message was edited by: tosho_mt

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

As far as I know it is not possible.  What are you trying to do?

:thinking:

tosho_mt
Visitor

I want to reinstall my Windows. My DVD drive does not work and can not read my files from the installation disk. I fear that the Hard Disc Recovery Partition is not functioning or do not know how to include it. This is why I want to upload the installation files to USB and  reinstall PC.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You can try running the recovery from the hidden Recovery Partition.

Start your Vaio and as soon as you see the first Vaio logo screen, tap F10 repeatedly.  If your recovery partition is undamaged, this will start the Vaio Recovery Utility.  Choose to carry out a full. complete recovery and your Vaio should be returned to its original, factory software settings.

However, if you want to install a different version of Windows from the original, you will need to fix the DVD/CD-ROM Drive.

:wink:

tosho_mt
Visitor

Unfortunately does not work: (I'll have to find some alternative. However, thanks.