Join now - be part of our community!

Battery,MotionEye and Graphics card problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
rajtaylo
Visitor

Battery,MotionEye and Graphics card problems

I recently received my Sony Vaio VGN-FZ21Z from the sony service centre because of a faulty gpu and everything seemed to be working fine. However a few days after, I tried to run the laptop on battery power only and after about two minutes it cut out. Also the MotionEye camera stopped working on that same day. I thought it could be the operating system so I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit to take advantage of the 4gb RAM I had installed in the laptop and the problems remained. Windows 7 also wouldnt recognize the Nvidia 8600M GS GPU in device manager and the drivers from NVidia wouldnt work either because the installation said that "no compatible hardware was found." Help would be appreciated.

Raj

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Raj,

Sadly, Sony do not support Windows 7 on your model and you will need to find all the drivers and notebook utilities yourself if you choose to install it.

I think you will struggle to find the appropriate 64-bit drivers unless someone here has already managed to install Windows 7 64-bit successfully and done the lengthy research for you.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
rajtaylo
Visitor

Even in Windows Vista, the webcam appeared for a few days after I received it back from the service centre but its now disappeared and the Sony Camera Utility doesnt even detect it. As for Windows 7, the graphics card doesnt even appear in the device manager and when I try and install the appropriate drivers which I found on the NVidia website, it says that the hardware has not been detected.

Raj