Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-43WF663 sound break up and sync issues with SOME Blu-Ray discs

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
amedeofelix
Explorer

Bravia KDL-43WF663 sound break up and sync issues with SOME Blu-Ray discs

I recently bought a new Sony TV, and having had ZERO issues with my old Samsung 32 inch set am now having sound issues when playing blu-ray discs from my LG BP250 player. SO far it is ONLY my Star Wars discs, which on the main soundtrack break up slightly and then fall out of sync with the picture. Tested other discs and they are fine, for example watched a Harry Potter disc and that had ZERO issues. So clearly NOT cables/connections between player and set!

Has anyone encountered and more importantly come across a solution to this issue? Is there some incompatibility between my LG player and the Sony set? Then again why do any discs play OK if there is? It's maddening.

I also love the fact that Sony doesn't even list the actual model I bought in their help contact form! That's very confidence inspiring...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
amedeofelix
Explorer

Hi, thanks for replying. I have found a solution. I can tell you the issue was never likely to be with the discs. I have both Fox and Disney Star Wars discs and the issue happened with both producers' products. The issue is with the TV as it transpires, because the solution I found worked and the sound is now good.

I found reference to the issue in the manual with regards HDMI input settings. Now it says it is only with certain models, but it led me to try something. So I went into settings and basically turned off all the fancy processing for sound. Having done that I tested the Star Wars disc that gave sound break up and sync issues, and hey presto the sound was clear and in sync with the image!

So, the above is a solution for anyone experiencing similar issues to try. To Sony I would say you messed up, because no system in the set should ever interfere in such a way with playback from a quite standard source. My guess is that the sound process used in the Lucasfilm discs clashes with the processing system in the Sony TV.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

If you've checked and it's not the connection, then it could be the disc itself which could be the cause.

You could try a power reset on your TV and see if this resolves the issue. You can see how to perform this here.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
amedeofelix
Explorer

Hi, thanks for replying. I have found a solution. I can tell you the issue was never likely to be with the discs. I have both Fox and Disney Star Wars discs and the issue happened with both producers' products. The issue is with the TV as it transpires, because the solution I found worked and the sound is now good.

I found reference to the issue in the manual with regards HDMI input settings. Now it says it is only with certain models, but it led me to try something. So I went into settings and basically turned off all the fancy processing for sound. Having done that I tested the Star Wars disc that gave sound break up and sync issues, and hey presto the sound was clear and in sync with the image!

So, the above is a solution for anyone experiencing similar issues to try. To Sony I would say you messed up, because no system in the set should ever interfere in such a way with playback from a quite standard source. My guess is that the sound process used in the Lucasfilm discs clashes with the processing system in the Sony TV.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again,

I'm glad to hear you managed to resolve the issue. Thanks for letting me know.

Best wishes,

Sean

profile.country.GB.title
amedeofelix
Explorer

Thank you. I hope what I discovered may help someone in future, cause the manual was not helpful unfortunately.