Join now - be part of our community!

VERY low quality phone

CaptainCarlo
Visitor

VERY low quality phone

I've had my M5 for only about five months now and it's easily the single worst phone I've ever owned. Not only is the screen really really fragile (literally half of the screen cracked when dropped from less than 30cm), but the whole phone is really poorly built. I've had a Z1 for three years and it dropped soo many times, yet there isn't a single scratch. 

The 16gb storage is also such a pain. Once fully updated, the phone leaves you with less than 5gb of internal storage. 

Really the only good thing about the phone is its camera, when it works. The autofocus is absolutely terrible and usually requires a full restart to reset.

I can't tell if my phone is defective or this is the case with every M5 out there? If so, sony really degraded their products over the years..

2 REPLIES 2
CaptainCarlo
Visitor

I also forgot to mention the fact that the battery drain is horrendous. All the reviews I read said the battery easily lasts for a whole day or two, but this one drains a full 100% in less than five hours of ALMOST NO USE. Get your things together sony

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@CaptainCarlo

I've edited your posts to remove curse words as it's against our community's discussion guidelines, kindly keep it clean in your future posts.

Comparing Z1 (high-end) and M5 (mid-range) is not fair at all, even in build quality the Z1 had a metal frame which is not present in M5. And cracking the screen is a matter of luck, depending if the phone lands on a weak spot or not. Even the most expensive phones will shatter when dropped in a specific way.

I believe that the storage was advertised properly upon launch, and I personally would never go for a 16GB phone if I'm planning to install an average amount of apps. This amount of storage was meant for those who usually rely on basic apps to use their phones.

Battery depends on how heavy is your usage, and if you can share a screenshot of your battery usage graph and app list we might be able to assist you.