Join now - be part of our community!

Making a call from your car using bluetooth with M4 aqua Dual SIM

SOLVED
MadrMax
Visitor

Making a call from your car using bluetooth with M4 aqua Dual SIM

If you make a call diretly from your phone you have to chose the SIM to perform that call, right?

If I try to do the same using my connection (hand free), bluetooth on my car, the conections seem like it's going to be done, but no calling sound and no connection is performed (it end's abruptly).

On the other hand if I receive a call, I can answer, normally on my car!

Please help!

P.S. Pardon my English, is not my native language.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
valyo_bg
New

You need additional software to choose automatically which SIM card to use during outgoing calls. Currently Android 5.0 don't support this feature. There is similar topic regarding problems with dual SIM and Bluetooth hands-free/car connections below. You can use "True Phone Dialer & Contracts" app - it work perfect with car and Bluetooth hands-free.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Samuel1
Hero

To me it sounds like the Bluetooth system in your car isn't optimized for a phone which uses dual SIM cards and therefor can't make the call as it cannot decide which SIM to use. As you said, you need to choose which SIM to use for calling out. When receiving a call, it works because it's nothing different from a single SIM phone. 

I would recommend that you contact the manufacturer of the Bluetooth system to see if there is any update which enables SIM choosing. 

valyo_bg
New

You need additional software to choose automatically which SIM card to use during outgoing calls. Currently Android 5.0 don't support this feature. There is similar topic regarding problems with dual SIM and Bluetooth hands-free/car connections below. You can use "True Phone Dialer & Contracts" app - it work perfect with car and Bluetooth hands-free.

MadrMax
Visitor

Hi Samuel ,

sorry for disagreeing with you. My previous phone (LG) is a DUAL SIM as well (bot M4 Aqua last week) and I never had any trouble phoning from my car, since I could chose (on the phone setting´s) the default SIM to make the call (instead of choosing it each time I want to make a phone call), the LG phone provided as well, a button to switch SIM's with just one touch.

I’ve looked for the other Messages where this issue is also being addressed and it seems there is a solution already. Just need to install some new firmware.

Nevertheless thank you all for your help.

Best regard's.

MadrMax
Visitor

Thank you valyo_bg ,

I have installed the app you mentioned and it work fine! I can set a default SIM for all my contact’s or I can do it contact by contact!

Best regard's.

valyo_bg
New

You are welcome, but all credits should be for iteso1 who found proper application :).

Nicolas-Fr
Visitor

I'm facing such similar issue on my phone and I'm very happy to find a solution on this forum, since phoning from the car is basically impossible with the current firmware. You have to choose the sim card on phone screen: this dangerous and now illegal while driving (at least in France).

SONY cannot afford such major limitation (applicable to probably 95 to 99% of the cars in service today). I had 3 dual sim phones from various bands, it has always worked perfect on my car,  Sony cannot simply ask car industry to adapt to you phone as suggested previously on this stream !

Therefore I urge Sony to release a firmware update on this matter.

silvatavares
Visitor

I am totally agree with MadrMax . Sony must have a more well-developed firmware. In any dual sim smatphone have the option to set the default sim card for calls. Sony must do urgently a firmware update!
CricriB
Visitor

I was previously able to phone from my car with my Experia M4 but, since last year, when I came back form holidays in Europe, I'm not able. The phone dials but stop there saying that the phone could not finish the call. I think that I may be check something to stop calls from Canada to Europe and I don,t remember wich one... could you help please!

thank you!