Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless Keyboard?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
RPJ072
Explorer

Wireless Keyboard?

Hi,

I've recently prurchased a new Sony Smart TV model KD43XD8077SU and have installed a number of apps including Kodi. For ease of use I've been advised to purchase a wireless keyboard have have read that not all wireless keyboards work with Sony TVs. Please can anyone recommend a suitable and good keyboard which would be compatible with my TV. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

I have tried Logitech K400 keyboard with built in trackpad and the Logitech MK220 wireless keyboard and mouse and they both work perfectly on my TV. 

The K400 is really convenient as the trackpad is part of the keyboard itself, but the MK220 set is normally really cheap, I have seen it for sale in Asda/Tesco etc for about £15. The MK220 mouse is outstanding to use too.

Both of the above have crazy battery life too, haven't changed batteries in any of them for over 12 months at least. 

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have heard good reports on this forums on the K400 as said above.

However another alternative is the "Video and TV Sideview" app that is available for smartphones and tablets.  It has a text input function and is free.  see : http://info.tvsideview.sony.net/en_ww/

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

I have tried Logitech K400 keyboard with built in trackpad and the Logitech MK220 wireless keyboard and mouse and they both work perfectly on my TV. 

The K400 is really convenient as the trackpad is part of the keyboard itself, but the MK220 set is normally really cheap, I have seen it for sale in Asda/Tesco etc for about £15. The MK220 mouse is outstanding to use too.

Both of the above have crazy battery life too, haven't changed batteries in any of them for over 12 months at least. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have heard good reports on this forums on the K400 as said above.

However another alternative is the "Video and TV Sideview" app that is available for smartphones and tablets.  It has a text input function and is free.  see : http://info.tvsideview.sony.net/en_ww/

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
RPJ072
Explorer

Many thanks for the advice and options, which I appreciate.

profile.country.GB.title
RPJ072
Explorer

Thanks for the confirmation and also for the alternative option which is definately worth considering, cheers.