Join now - be part of our community!

VLC and fast forward

SOLVED
Scrimm
Explorer

VLC and fast forward

We have purchased an android model (49x8305) and we are happily streaming HD videos from our NAS with VLC player, but cannot find a way to fast forward. Is anyone else having this issue?

The videos are .ts format from a HUMAX, though I exp ct it is not a video format specific issue.

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_J

Hi. There is a setting in the configuration that adds the forward/back buttons to the screen, is this set? Also on my TV with VLC, Forward from the remote works while it is held down, just pushing it does not do much.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_J

Hi. There is a setting in the configuration that adds the forward/back buttons to the screen, is this set? Also on my TV with VLC, Forward from the remote works while it is held down, just pushing it does not do much.
Scrimm
Explorer

Thanks for the feedback. I had not set the ff in configuration to get buttons on screen, but now have.

My OP stated it was not file type specific, but I now suspect it is.

Pretty much all our recordings are from a HUMAX Freesat+ with Raydons custom firmware, and are stored as .ts format on a Synology DS212j, many in unlocked HD format. I cannot ff any .ts file, using either the buttons on the remote or the screen. Nor can I jump to specific times.

i have looked at am MP4 file, and that does everything I would expect, ff OK from remote and on screen.

I guess this is a limitation we can live with.