Join now - be part of our community!

Faulty Bravia Kdl50w805cbu

danjames84
Explorer

Faulty Bravia Kdl50w805cbu

Hi there, 

I have a two month old Bravia which was purchased brand new from Argos. Over the past week I have noticed a few dead pixels (5, possibly more). Don't really think this is acceptable for such a new set which hasn't been used that much. However, Argos are only willing to refund and not replace as it was bought from their eBay store. I wondered is it worth my asking Sony for a replacement, or should I look at a completely different TV? I know this particular model is edge lit and wonder if this could have anything to do with dead pixels occurring so soon? The only other gripe was when watching dark scenes of films, it was very hard to make anything out. Would look into a Samsung alternative but would really miss Kodi. 

Any advice much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yout contact is with the retailer you purchased it from (i.e. Argos).  If they are giving a refund, why not accept it and then repurchase it again??

In regards to dead pixels in general, Sony generally take it on a case by case basis on where these dead pixels are and how many.  But 3 is unlikely to get a replacement, but then if its smackmin the middle of the screen, who knows.

Cheers