Join now - be part of our community!

V6.7140 - XF9005 No Dolby Vision on internal Netflix and on Apple TV at all

profile.country.GR.title
G.I.TSo
Explorer

V6.7140 - XF9005 No Dolby Vision on internal Netflix and on Apple TV at all

Hello ,

I recently updated my XF9005 to version v6.7140 and I totally lost the ability to watch Dolby Vision. The symbol of Dolby vision show up right on the screen and on picture settings says that Dolby vision is enables but the colors are washed out and dimmed. Also I lose the ability to turn off the TV when I set Apple TV to sleep (CEC problem). Anyone else with these problems? I tried resetting both devices 

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Can you please check if changing the colour profile in the picture settings improves the DV quality?

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GR.title
G.I.TSo
Explorer

I tried everything in picture setting. Looks like unable to display DV. No brightness, no colors... example2.jpg

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I do not understand the issue, the menu in the picture I don't think is encoded in dolby vision, what about netflix show in DV ? It doesn't seem washed out, at least looking at a picture in SDR posted on the site

profile.country.GR.title
G.I.TSo
Explorer

i dont know how to describe the problem. I hope this picture can. At my previous reply with the internal DV Netflix i mean the preinstalled netflix on android TV not on Apple TV. This time all the captures are from Apple TV. From Pictures cant see the brightness because the phone auto adjust it. But if you look the colors at market or the plants back in 1st picture you will realize that on SDR the colors are better. I cant disable the Dv on internal netflix so i cant compare image like apple tv.example3.jpg

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

AFAIK Apple tv has (or had) some problems with DV rendering. The result you get with the internal app are similar to DV on ATV?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Be also ware that in SDR you set Standard as profile that is quite worng and cooler than the reference, you should compare and use with Home cinema PRO

profile.country.GR.title
G.I.TSo
Explorer

Apple Tvs Netflix and Preinstalled Androids Netflix have the same picture problem. Before the update it was fine. Super Brightness, perfect colors, true DV. Now i can see the difference day and night. After the update DV is broken. HDR From ATV Youtube is still ok.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I don't want to open a discussion on this but "standard profile" is not "perfect color", Home Cinema PRO si quite good out of the box.

Now you can double check this using home cinema pro on SDR and/or Youtube HDR to see if they look washed out to you too, so to eliminate the subjective factor.

Then if there is still some doubt that the update could have changed the TV color profile, you may try a factory reset to eliminate any specific issue on your tv (bear in mind that resetting the TV is always suggested by Sony after an upgrade especially a major one like this)

profile.country.GR.title
G.I.TSo
Explorer

I did 2 factory resets on ATV. But why to change picture mode at SDR? SDR Working nicely and i change picture mode according to the content i am watching. The DV is broken and i cant change picture mode. I said that perfect color was on DV before update!! not on SDR on standard mode