Join now - be part of our community!

No wifi when starting TV

parost
Explorer

No wifi when starting TV

It takes a few minutes until I have WIFI a my Sony Android TV.

Router is very nearby. I have tried both both DHCP and Static IP.

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If the router is nearby - just use an ethernet cable and change network settings accordingly.  ?

Cheers

parost
Explorer

I am not able to use a network cable.

What is causing this and how could it be solved. Sometimes I need to go to network settings and connecti to the network after turning on the TV.

profile.country.GB.title
chrisc383

I have the same issue. Up to 2-4 minutes before it comes online, in my case its on XD93. Fortunately, I was able to connect it via LAN port. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Before I pass this onto Sony Support, can you:

• Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed
  • Factory reset the TV

Besides, Sony will get you to do those two steps anyhow.  Also, you have not mentioned which model TV you have ?

For both @parost and @chrisc383 - What brand/model router do you have?  Just seeing if there are simularities.

Cheers

parost
Explorer

I believe this is a generic problem.  I had the same problem with the previous TV (same model that went in to a boot loop and was exchanged). 

I have made a factory reset and have the latest firmware. 

TV: Sony KD-55XD8505

Router: Netgear R7000

profile.country.GB.title
chrisc383

In my case its Asus AC88 running stock firmware 3.0.0.4.380_4180, I was connecting using 5Ghz SSID, WPA2/AES. TV is XD93.

I had also a case when WiFi connected TV had LAN access, but no Internet access - reboot solved this, but seeing how long it takes to initialize WiFi connection, I switched back to Ethernet port.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @parost

I have escalated your issue in this thread, as well as your other issue (HERE) to Sony Support.  Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @parost

For some reason Sony cannot find any contact details on record.  Can you please send me a private message with at least an email address and ill forward it to Sony.

If you are not happy to do so, please contact Sony via:
http://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email

Cheers

parost
Explorer

It happened again. I needed to remove the tv device from Google Home and uninstall the cast app from the TV...