Join now - be part of our community!

No Dolby Vision (DV) after v6.7140 update on KD-55A1 Android Apps

profile.country.GB.title
Johnd76
New

No Dolby Vision (DV) after v6.7140 update on KD-55A1 Android Apps

I have recently updated to the V6.7140 firmware and when playing a DV source via Netflix or any other application installed on the TV, the DV icon pops up and the panel appears to go into DV mode, but the picture is not displaying in Dolby Vision. The colours appear off and the picture colours change fairly frequently with a green and purple hue.

HLG appears to be fine on iplayer, but Dolby Vision is now not working post the V6.7140 firmware upgrade.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Johnd76, try the following:

-Unplug the TV from the mains for two minutes.

-Plug it back then try again.

-Reset the TV to the factory settings: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00170595

Let me know if that worked.

profile.country.GB.title
Johnd76
New

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for the reply.  

I noticed the same problem yesterday and have worked out that the problem happens when the TV has been on for a period of time. Yesterday we watched WandaVision and made it to Episode 4 or 5 before the problem started. The Dolby Vision goes really dark and then colours like blue and green seem to alternate on the screen, overlayed ontop of the picture.

I can try doing yet another reset, but am really getting a bit fed up with having to do this whenever there is a problem with my £4000 TV. I lose all the colour calibration settings and applications I have installed. 

What is the process for getting the TV replaced under the 5 year warranty I have on it?

Thank you.

John.