Join now - be part of our community!

kdl43w756c Start up problem

SOLVED
henryboy2
Explorer

kdl43w756c Start up problem

I bought the above tv in july 2015, within a month it had to be exchanged due to picture problems.

One week ago I switched it on and all it did was to display the coloured balls and then the sony logo repeatedly.  I rang sony support and they told me to try various things none of which worked.  I was then advised to download the latest firmware update and to try that.  It didn`t work. Since then I have rang support every day and have been promised support to sort the problem out, at one point they said they would book an engineer to come out and have a look.  It didn`t happen. I rang again this morning and was told tech support couldn`t help and that an engineer would be booked to come out and have a look     still waiting. I find this lack of knowledge of their product and non existent support terrible and so frustrating to deal with.  Needless to say I wouldn`t recommend sony tv`s to anyone because of the so called after sales support.Forgot to mention that I was given a case number so whenever I called they would know what I was on about.  Needless to say each time I rang them I had to go through averything that had been tried so far.   USELESS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
henryboy2
Explorer

Hi All,  Finally got my tv back fixed long drawn out process but resolved at last.  I hope.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just to inform you, your post has been flagged by a moderator and escalated to Sony Support.  They should be contacting you early next week.

Cheers

henryboy2
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,  Many thanks engineer due to attend on tuesday.  Here`s hoping.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool

Fingers crossed.  Let me know how you get on.

henryboy2
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,  The engineer attended today and apparently it is a common problem and the solution is a new master board. I was then told that it would take 7 to 10 days to fix.  Needles to say I wasn`t impressed by this and asked fro the tv to be exchanged but this is something sony will not do. I then asked him why it takes so long to repair and the reason is that sony take ages to send him the board, it actually takes him 3 hours to fix once he gets the board. Once he`d left with the tv I rang sony support and asked the question why it takes so long and the answer I received was that`s how long it takes and there is nothing they can do, basically the tv is being fixed so be grateful for that.  So there we are I think the answer to dealing with sony support is be patient, very very patient.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for posting an update.  I agree with you in regards to being patient - this is something Sony is trying to teach me :grin:

Cheers

henryboy2
Explorer

Hi All,  Finally got my tv back fixed long drawn out process but resolved at last.  I hope.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update.  Glad its fixed.  Fingers crossed this time :slight_smile: