Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X8509C Teething problems

profile.country.GB.title
Trevreav
Explorer

KD-55X8509C Teething problems

Hello all, new ton the community.

Just received my big new telly yesterday and all was going well. Got the channels set up, connected to the internet all fine with the included remote (although I was only able to switch on initially with my Sky remote), but then it asked "do you want the software update" to which I said yes.

The download progress bar appeared and then the symbol came on the TV telling me not to unplug it and a spinning recycle type loge next to it.

After a minute or so the TV turned off… and that's it!

This was 12 hours ago and whenever I've powered on the same symbol is on the screen.

After 2 hours, and checking various websites I tried unplugging for 30 minutes and restart to reset, but still the same.

I can't do the arrow up/reboot/reset thing with the remote as the only way the TV will switch on is with my Sky remote, yet when it was being set up earlier, the supplied remote worked fine.

Any thoughts? I have a big expensive lump sitting in the corner of my sitting room doing nothing!!

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Welcome to the Community.

Im going to sent you a private message in a minute with a link to a file and some instructions.  Give this a go an see if it works.  If it doesnt, im afraid your going to have to contact your retailer and get them to exchange it.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Trevreav
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus, many thanks for the reply, and the message received, I'm going to keep that handy for future reference.

By the time I received you message I had contacted the dealer and they're going to replace the TV, accepting that what I'd done was all fine, they would have done the same, and there was something wrong with the download/update or tv.

New one being delivered near the end of next week - so watch this space for more questions!!!

But thanks again, much appreciated.

trev
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your welcome - let me know how you get on with the replacement one :wink:

Cheers