Join now - be part of our community!

What is my VOS serial number?!?

Mystique
Visitor

What is my VOS serial number?!?

I just recently bought my Vaio laptop and while trying to complete the online registration, I'm asked to write in the VOS serial number (in the VOS Details section).

No matter what serial number I write, i get a message stating that...The VOS Number you entered does not exist (or is already registered).

What exactly is my VOS serial number?! :thinking:

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Hallo Mystique, willkommen SonyVAIO Klub

welcome to the SonyVAIO club

Sorry I don't know, what VOS number?

I think the serial number is enough. Start to program "Sony Notebook Setup" it's pre installed on your VAIO.
There you can find all information about your VAIO

Correctly, some VAIOs are very "mystique".:smileywink:

Mystique
Visitor

lol, thanx seb21:smileybatting_eyelashes: ...it sure is all very mystique to me at the moment.

I tried what you suggested but apparently the serial number is not enough. I also looked up my Sony Notebook Setup but it doesn't help. The VOS serial number is a 9-digit number and I have no idea as to where I can find it...grrr...:smileyangry:

Mr.C
Visitor

Hey Mystique,

I had similar troubles registering my machine after I had bought it. After trying for a month or so, the registration eventually worked and allowed me to complete the process.

I can only imagine that the database behind the registration system is not updated regularly enough to keep up with the items being shipped. :thinking:

My only advice would be to keep trying and fingers crossed it will let you through soon enough :slight_smile:

Let us know how you get on tho....

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Took me a few days to work out their numbers too.
Finally got there.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

I think that is a number for a warranty extension.

Have you an warranty extension?:smileyhappy: :smileygrin:

robpaxton
Explorer

I eventually gave up on online registration for one of my Sony computers and phoned Vaio-Link to do it.

Mystique
Visitor

Thanx all...the thought that I'm not the only one who has this problem is reassuring.

Seb21-No, I don't have extended warranty...yet :slight_smile:

Mr.C & Kee-Lo-I'll keep all my fingers and toes crossed and will keep at it, lol.

If all else falis, I'll try what you did Rob...call up Vaio-Link and ansk them to do it.

Thanx again :hugging:

flj
Visitor

I too am having this problem. Does anybody know the answer? If so, can you tell us all please? Many thanks. SO frustrating...:smileyconfused:

kee-lo_

Call VAIO Link