Join now - be part of our community!

VGX L201 and Windows 7

Kirky59
Visitor

VGX L201 and Windows 7

I have a VGXL201, everything is as standard including Geforce 7600 graphics card. Graphics card worked fine with XP, able to choose screen resolutions. I have now upgraded to Windows 7 (32-bit) and everything works OK, except for 7600 graphics card. It will only let me see monitor as a default monitor.

I have been onto Nvidia website and downloaded the recommended driver 196.21. However it says that "the device cannot find enough free resources that it can use.(Code 12) If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

Does anyone have a solution that I can try (explain in simply (non-techie) english please)

:thinking:

4 REPLIES 4
ILATIF
Visitor

Hi
I have the exact same problem!!!
Installed WWindows 7 Professional and now cannot change screen resolution.
Code 12 Error

Did you manage to work out a fix?

profile.country.en_GB.title
carpeck16
Visitor

I got round this problem by dual booting with windows vista then upgrading vista to windows7 everythings seams ok including screenres adjustment

ChalkyWhite71
Visitor

Hello Kirky,

The only difference between what you tried and how i managed mine by the sounds of it, is that i whacked a whole new HDD in mine to install Windows 7 afresh onto, so no upgrade.

I still have the WinXP O/S disc in the machine, and have now killed off the old Windows folder etc to save some space.

When Win7 installed i didn't get asked for Nvidia drivers, it just installed them for me.

If you want me to check any settings, then give me a buzz. 😉

Cheers, Tony

profile.country.en_GB.title
MikeGee2
New

Hi, Any chance of helping me out with this problem please.

Thanks