Join now - be part of our community!

Sony trying to get away with not repairing my VAIO!

profile.country.en_GB.title
useless_sony
Visitor

Sony trying to get away with not repairing my VAIO!

I bought a Sony laptop for the first time and I am extremely disappointed with it. After using it for 15 days the screen started showing some problems. I sent it to the repair department who told me that the computer is physically damaged and is not covered by the warranty(!)  This is totally absurd! I have not misused the computer in any way. I have owned several laptops for more than 10 years now and I definitely know how to treat one. I am amazed by the fact that I bought a defective computer and after less than a month of use they are asking me to pay repair costs!!

I expected that by buying a Sony I would be buying a quality laptop. Evidently I was wrong as they seem to be of extremely low quality if they are damaged by everyday use in less than a month.  It was the first time a bought a Sony laptop and obviously the last one. I will make sure that I stay with quality manufacturers that I used in the past (HP, Dell), rather than buy of these ‘toy computers’ again.

Has anyone had similar problems?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

What model Vaio do you have?

If you would be prepared to share your Support  Case Number, I will try to get more information on the decision in your particular case from Sony.

No promises though!

:thinking:

uselesssony
Visitor

Hi, it is EA3S1E. Case 5301150

thanks

Message was edited by: uselesssony

No_more_Vaios
Visitor

Yes, have to agree with you. I certainly wouldn't buy another Vaio.  I have a VGN-NR38M/s.  I installed Windows 7 over the originally installed Vista after making recovery disks as per Sony's instructions.  Not only did I find out that sony don't support Windows 7 on this relatively new laptop, but the Sony recovery disks don't work to restore it back to factory settings!  Now I'm supposed to buy new disks from Sony for software that I have already paid for, what a rip off.  All so that Sony can save a few pence packaging recovery disks with the laptop - or is it so that they can charge people more money when their own recovery disks on DVD-r don't work?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

@ uselesssony

I have received a reply from Sony Support and I have sent you a private message.

@No_more_Vaios

Have you tried a hard disc recovery by tapping F10 during the startup process?  If your hidden Recovery Partition is undamaged, you should be able to return your Vaio to factory settings.

:thinking:

uselesssony
Visitor

@ Blencogo

Sony still says I have physically damaged the computer. I ll be taking them to court for compensation+damages