Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio stuck at 99% charging for hours

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
Destructix
Visitor

Vaio stuck at 99% charging for hours

I bought a Sony Vaio last August and it has never given me any problems until today. When I powered it on earlier I noticed it said the battery was at 88% which was kinda stange as I don't use it on battery power ever and now the red charging light is on and has been saying 99% plugged in charging for a couple of hours.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Destructix,

Have you checked the battery health? Start > All Programs > Vaio Control Center > Power Management > Battery.

If the battery health status is reported as excellent you could try experimenting with the battery care options under Advanced Settings. Otherwise try shutting down, remove battery and power adaptor and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Re-attach battery and power adaptor and reboot.

You could also try uninstalling all items under Batteries in Device Manager and rebooting – Windows will re-install the drivers.

Some models have a battery re-set button on the underside of the notebook but as you have not given us your model number I’m not sure whether this is applicable.

If nothing above resolves the issue you will need to contact Support.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Destructix,

Have you checked the battery health? Start > All Programs > Vaio Control Center > Power Management > Battery.

If the battery health status is reported as excellent you could try experimenting with the battery care options under Advanced Settings. Otherwise try shutting down, remove battery and power adaptor and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Re-attach battery and power adaptor and reboot.

You could also try uninstalling all items under Batteries in Device Manager and rebooting – Windows will re-install the drivers.

Some models have a battery re-set button on the underside of the notebook but as you have not given us your model number I’m not sure whether this is applicable.

If nothing above resolves the issue you will need to contact Support.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat