Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio C series graphics

profile.country.en_GB.title
amalhaj
Visitor

Vaio C series graphics

Hi all,

I am planning to buy the new VAIO C series but I heard and read that there is a problem with the switching graphics/graphic card with some applications and games, can someone explain this problem?

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

As far as I am aware, we have had no reports of such a problem on these forums.

Perhaps you could give us a link to where you have heard of this problem?

:thinking:

amalhaj
Visitor

what do you think?

Acceleration
Visitor

i'm one of the notebook forums user, i'm accel. ofcourse i'm one of the victims of graphic failure in here, switchable graphic isn't working if you're using opengl programs, despite the switch, they default to intel...

in all openGL programs, switchable graphic is gone to intel, that's what i confirmed... i'm from asia, indonesia actually, but i want to reply to this forum, as to why i register, i've emailed, many of sony reps but, no avail... they just keep ignoring this problem, and even, hardly acknowledge it... i'm glad if you could help.

somehow, the some of the C series, that newly bulit, has the interchangeable graphic methods, that the old one don't have...

this is one of proof of the issue

earlier today, i installed Angry Birds Rovio, guess what, i cant play it! :slight_frown:
Error is: OpenGL2.0 renderer not supported. OpenGL1.4 renderer not supported. OpenGL1.3 renderer not supported. crap!

anyone can help???? thanks in advance.

when AMD support OpenGL up to OpenGL 4.0, that means, it using intel...

this is the image of one of the user too, it says, interchangable graphic methods, unfortunately most of us don't have that... could you help us? we've tried to install the graphic driver of that version, and no avail... it means, it is a BIOS problem...

if we could have that, the problem with opengl would have been gone... i assume, sony knew about this problem, as this version of catalyst that have this kind of methods, only exist in the newer C series with more colors option.

HP already released their BIOS and it fixed all the problems... when will sony? i see that sony very slow on satisfying the customers in rage, i dont think i would want recommending sony or buy sony again...

http://i52.tinypic.com/nh144o.png

Message was edited by: Acceleration

Acceleration
Visitor

no opinion,sony??

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Acceleration,

This is a user forum and you will not get a comment from Sony here.

Can you tell me your exact model and specifications and I will forward your comments on to Sony.

As this is a Sony Europe forum, Vaio Support will want to establish that there may be a possible problem with the European C-Series models which have just come out.  I have not yet heard anything adverse about European Vaios.  It is unlikely Sony Europe will comment on models from Sony USA or Sony Asia Pacific.

If you give me further details I'll see what I can do.

:thinking:

Acceleration
Visitor

Sony VAIO VPCCB190X my BIOS version is a R0230V2 bought in russia march, 28

it's not mine, but my friend in the notebook review forum, it has the same bios and problem as mine, even if the one i have is asian models, and he has the european models.

it has exactly the same bios and probvlem on switching as mine, we tried the angry bird ( openGL programs ) and many others like photoshop, WoW ( using Opengl) Warcraft III

all of them didn't operate on AMD

amalhaj
Visitor

Thank you Acce. for the follow up.

Is there a way to inform sony about this (email, or phone)? I am sure alot of people tried to contact sony about this issue. How come no body from sony is trying to solve this problem? 

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

None of the models so far mentioned have been European Vaios.

As soon as someone reports a European Vaio with this problem, I will escalate the problem to Vaio Support Europe.  Until then they will not be interested.

The VPCCB190X model you mention is a Sony United States Configurable CTO model and the problem should be reported to Sony USA

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SYCTOProcess?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1...

All the support contact options for Sony USA - Online, Email,Phone - are available here: -

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/support-contacts.pl?mdl=VPCCB190X&LOC=3

:wink: