Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery Drive missing

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Egoditus
Visitor

Recovery Drive missing

I am fowarding this question on behalf of my daughter becuase the Vaio VGN-NS30E belongs to her.

Recently I have wiped out clean the HDD ( by writing 0's) and restored the vaio back by using the recover discs set which were created some time ago when the vaio was unpacked from its box.

The Windows Vista and VAIO updates well freshly updated and the machine is now spic and span!

Now the problem arosed when I tried to creat a new set of recover discs. What I did was went to the start button > all Programs > Vaio recovery center > Creat Recovery Discs > Start  and a dialogue box appeared "Cannot find the recovery drive. If you have not removed the recovery drive restarting the system may correct the issue"

Resetting the machine was unsuccessfull.

Can someone please, am sure there is, help me where to find download this 'recovery drive'

Thanks in advance

Egoditus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Egoditus,

Unfortunately as you have formatted the hard drive you have lost the hidden recovery partition and this is not available for download.

The good news is that you have a set of recovery disks and even if the recovery partition was intact the resulting recovery media created would be exactly the same as the disks that you already have.

I suggest that you make a second copy of the recovery disks and if you require belt and braces make an image of the drive using a utility such as Acronis True Image.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Egoditus,

Unfortunately as you have formatted the hard drive you have lost the hidden recovery partition and this is not available for download.

The good news is that you have a set of recovery disks and even if the recovery partition was intact the resulting recovery media created would be exactly the same as the disks that you already have.

I suggest that you make a second copy of the recovery disks and if you require belt and braces make an image of the drive using a utility such as Acronis True Image.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
Egoditus
Visitor

Hi Rich ,

So now I shall stop biting my nails , I never knew that the last recovered discs will NOT copy as well the latest updated files. Well I will take your advise and make a mirror of the drive, I shall be using the Paragon Partion Manager the one I use on my desktop pc, and the one I have at the moment.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply Rich :slight_smile:

EGODITUS

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're very welcome Egoditus :slight_smile:

Rich

Message was edited by: rich912

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat