Join now - be part of our community!

Playing bd on my vaioand watching on hd tv

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
coljohns7
Visitor

I have just got a new sony HD TV thinking that I could connect my Vaio via HDMI cable and watch BD on my TV. Unfortunately this seems to be a problem. I get an error message which appears to say that I can't play BD on 2 screens at the same time. The software I have is Intervideo WinDVD. Can anyone tell me if there is a cure for this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

This is copy protection in action - you cannot play BD on two screens.

All you need to do is to press Fn + F7 and select the external HDMI as the only output - this will turn off the Vaio's screen and the BD will play on the TV alone.

:wink:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

This is copy protection in action - you cannot play BD on two screens.

All you need to do is to press Fn + F7 and select the external HDMI as the only output - this will turn off the Vaio's screen and the BD will play on the TV alone.

:wink:

coljohns7
Visitor

Thanks Blencogo your answer was spot on and I am able to watch BD from my Vaio on my tv. The next question is that the picture on my sony hd tv is dark, can you tell me why this could be. On normal tv and from my dvd player the picture is perfect. My Vaio is hd 1080p and my tv is receiving the same from my Vaio. I realise that this may be a tv problem but I wandered if you can help.

coljohns7
Visitor

Thanks Blencogo your answer was spot on and I am able to watch BD from my Vaio on my tv. The next question is that the picture on my sony hd tv is dark, can you tell me why this could be. On normal tv and from my dvd player the picture is perfect. My Vaio is hd 1080p and my tv is receiving the same from my Vaio. I realise that this may be a tv problem but I wandered if you can help.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I'm sorry. Hopefully, a TV expert will be along soon.