Join now - be part of our community!

Optical Drive Issues

Rolu
Visitor

Optical Drive Issues

Hi Everybody,

I have been browsing through this forum today for a while and realized that there are all kinds of issues with the optical drives Sony is delivering with their notebooks (but not limited to notebooks). Despite there may be some problems related to incorrect system setup I would regard a significant amount of them as hardware (?) related. I am having such a problem too.
I just wonder whether Sony is aware of this and whether they have identified the root causes of all these issues. Are there any driver related problems or is it a manufacturing problem? I would like Sony being more responsive and active on these quality issues. So far I am very disappointed with the way Sony is handling the problems.

By the way, I also do not appreciate the way Sony is bundling their notebooks with Sony SW packages that aren't really good in my opinion but intend to bind customers to their products. In terms of updates and bug fixing this part (have a look which SW has been updated recently) seems to be far better supported than the pure basics of the system.

Best Regards
Rolu :slight_frown:

73 REPLIES 73
aircool
Visitor

after having just tossed back a toshiba laptop to the supplier, after persistent problems (never heard of that before type answers from support, contradicted by engineers report returned with laptop from authorised repairer) i have come to the conclusion that customer service in this day and age is dead.
we are all very much on our own, and the toshiba forum runs in an identical manner to this, saying the same things, we are in an era when the major manufacturers call the shots, their attitude is very much if you think you are right sue them, they know most of us can not afford that, so they stomp along in the same old manner, a group of disgruntled toshiba customer got together to form a group action over a faulty memory issue, and won, all the laptops were recalled and repaired!
i dont think sony are any better or worse than the others, chose the computer you most like to own despite potential problems, i did, and i do expect problems, but thats true of most manufacturers.

Jay1
Visitor

Sony you are getting a bad name, come on wake up!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

so they stomp along in the same old manner, a group of disgruntled toshiba customer got together to form a group action over a faulty memory issue, and won, all the laptops were recalled and repaired! 

Woah wish they'd do this with the G series

mackjohn
Visitor

I'm having DVD probs,

So

BTT
:cry: