Join now - be part of our community!

Optical Drive Issues

Rolu
Visitor

Optical Drive Issues

Hi Everybody,

I have been browsing through this forum today for a while and realized that there are all kinds of issues with the optical drives Sony is delivering with their notebooks (but not limited to notebooks). Despite there may be some problems related to incorrect system setup I would regard a significant amount of them as hardware (?) related. I am having such a problem too.
I just wonder whether Sony is aware of this and whether they have identified the root causes of all these issues. Are there any driver related problems or is it a manufacturing problem? I would like Sony being more responsive and active on these quality issues. So far I am very disappointed with the way Sony is handling the problems.

By the way, I also do not appreciate the way Sony is bundling their notebooks with Sony SW packages that aren't really good in my opinion but intend to bind customers to their products. In terms of updates and bug fixing this part (have a look which SW has been updated recently) seems to be far better supported than the pure basics of the system.

Best Regards
Rolu :slight_frown:

73 REPLIES 73
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

TT's right, they hardly read this place.....

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

TT's right, they hardly read this place.....

Please don't tell me that they are not interested in the views of their customers!!!:smileysad:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
TygerTyger
Visitor

I'm not really convinced they are, no.

kee-lo_

Not convinced either

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

ClubUser must browse the forum occasionally. Perhaps he has the connections to pass these thoughts and comments on to a level of management that appreciate Sony would not exist without its loyal customers... or am I being naive here:smileyhappy:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
kee-lo_

He can do.

TygerTyger
Visitor

CU does his best undoubtedly, but if Sony really wanted to make an effort they would actually look themselves. In fact I've used an awful lot of forums around the internet and this is the first I've ever seen where the owner company doesn't take part.

Vas
Visitor

this is the first I've ever seen where the owner company doesn't take part.

so I am just wondering, what does it tell us about SONY

kee-lo_

A lot of companies don't have forums though!

TygerTyger
Visitor

Yeah but this isn't a forum for just anyone. It's a forum for people who have spent a small fortune on (a) Sony product(s) surely that reason alone means they should make an effort.