Join now - be part of our community!

No Audio line-in on my Vaio laptop

Michael_V
Visitor

No Audio line-in on my Vaio laptop

Hi,

I was very disappointed to notice that there is no AUDIO LINE IN connector on my VAIO laptop PCG-K315B and cannot understand then why they included SonicStage Mastering Studio software and tell that it is so easy to record/masterize dircectly from old cassette tapes etc...

I also thought of inputting my line audio signal into the mic input, but I noticed that that must be only a mono input... so nu use !!

Can anyone tell me how I then can record my audio line signals ?
Do I have to buy such an ASIO device ?
And what would be the most convenient solution ?

Awaiting your replies.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Email

16 REPLIES 16
TygerTyger
Visitor

Well I've plugged an electric guitar into that socket and recorded directly from it, so you must be able to do it somehow.

Michael_V
Visitor

Well I agree it could be if the level is not that loud.... but still it is Mono right ?

TygerTyger
Visitor

Yeah it's Mono. You can adjust the input level actually, but perhaps not in Windows. I used Audacity to record off the guitar, which allows adjustment just fine, and I would imagine if you fiddled around with the Mic settings in Windows you could do it without. There is also a Mic Boost feature under the 'Advanced' Properties of Windows Volume Control, which boosts the volume a great deal although you lose a bit of quality for it. There are other ways and means too......

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yea but did you want a distorted guitar sound TT? :tongue: :laughing:

TygerTyger
Visitor

:laughing: I did. I recorded an accoustic track as well, and since I have a reasonably good quality studio mic I just used that instead. It sounded very good for mono.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Ah that would explain it.

lazybones
Visitor

you can try using the microphone input.

i get better results on the desktop