Join now - be part of our community!

MORE DVD PROBS

mackjohn
Visitor

MORE DVD PROBS

:slight_frown:

Trying to burn a DVD on my FR315S, using Click-to-DVD. But it's not recognising my disks, I have tried two different makes one cheapo the other Philips +DVD RW disks, no joy.

Have looked at the disk via, Start, My Comp, DVDRw Drive and it displays; in Details, Free Space 0 bytes, total size 0 bytes. (this is a new disk out of the wrapper)

Cd player works okay, DVD Writer worked okay couple of weeks ago, but only after trying few disks, (cheapos, I thought they were the problem so I bought the Philips, which I have used before. )

I have all downloads updated from Viao-link etc.

I have also just uninstalled dvd drive and re-installed. Still no difference!

Any ideas? :thinking:

22 REPLIES 22
mackjohn
Visitor

:cry:   

I can't find a list of drivers that should be installed - any suggestions??

Have you checked www.vaio-link.com ?

They should have all the drivers there.

Mine wont recognise new blank dvd's but does read, either data or dvd movie, that was written to it previously.

marcusk
Visitor

Hi

Yes, I've checked the drivers, but unfortunately they don't identify which relate to dvd/cd rom etc. Every time I have tried to follow a thread at support, or speak to a telephone support person, we end up at the "backup your data and restore" scenario. Not too helpful as I've got about a million programs installed (only a slight exaggeration) and if I have to try and reinstall my wireless network having forgotten the passwords, I'll probably end up shooting myself.

mackjohn
Visitor

It's listed under "Optical Drive"

Latest is version 1.5g