Join now - be part of our community!

MORE DVD PROBS

mackjohn
Visitor

MORE DVD PROBS

:slight_frown:

Trying to burn a DVD on my FR315S, using Click-to-DVD. But it's not recognising my disks, I have tried two different makes one cheapo the other Philips +DVD RW disks, no joy.

Have looked at the disk via, Start, My Comp, DVDRw Drive and it displays; in Details, Free Space 0 bytes, total size 0 bytes. (this is a new disk out of the wrapper)

Cd player works okay, DVD Writer worked okay couple of weeks ago, but only after trying few disks, (cheapos, I thought they were the problem so I bought the Philips, which I have used before. )

I have all downloads updated from Viao-link etc.

I have also just uninstalled dvd drive and re-installed. Still no difference!

Any ideas? :thinking:

22 REPLIES 22
mackjohn
Visitor

As a follow on, I can play cd's and they are recognised, I can play Dvd's I have previously recorded (either as DVD or backup).

Poblem seems to be with the drive recognising a blank DVD.

:slight_frown:

dennism
Visitor

I have exactly the same problem on my PCV-W1 and it is driving me insane. I have run the recovery disk as a result but even having done that the damn thing doesn't recognise any type of DVD that I try to burn to.

Any ideas?:smileycry:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I'm starting to think this is a Microsoft thing....

dennism
Visitor

Any idea on what to do about it though?:smileycry:

kee-lo_

Does it work when SP2 isn't installed?

dennism
Visitor

Think I have sorted - stupid of me and simple really. My CD/DVD hardware is a Matshita UJ-810 which appears to only accept DVD-R/RW whereas the disks I have purchased are DVD+R/RW.

Ignorant I know, but I hadn't noticed the difference with formats. Looks like the other fella's problem may be the same? Will try to get new disks tomorrow but presume this is the (simple) solution:smileyhappy:

kee-lo_

Ah I see - that would explain it.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

I hope, I haven't the same problem.

Since the last 2 years, I have never burn a DVD with my PCG-FR315S.

Is that normal:smileyconfused:

kee-lo_

Depends on how much data you have.