Join now - be part of our community!

IE Problem

Phil772
Visitor

IE Problem

Hi,
I get an error when I click on my Sony update icon...after going to the webpage and clicking trhe 'Accept' button it fails to find the page. Could this be because Im using Mozilla as default, and this tries to use Ie ? Even trying to access the forums, after happily reaching the main Sony Europe page in IE, I get the error :

Error 500--Internal Server Error
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Yours confused.
Thanks
Phil
:thinking:

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

The update server is down at present Phil and no you are not alone in receiving the error message. I have received the same Error 500--Internal Server Error message on both Firefox and IE today:smileysad:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Same problem here.
They need to fix their JSP

Mystique
Visitor

Hi Phil772,

I just got my laptop a week ago...just barely out of the box without any other software programs installed and the same thing is happening to me...so I don't think that Mozilla is the problem. (I don't have it installed).

I also clicked on my Sony Update icon and can go as far as accepting the terms...the page then fails to find. Could it be a prob with the server?

Even registration to Sony Zone and Media Console does not work for me :slight_frown:

Hope that the thought that you'are not alone gives you some reassurance, lol.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Same problem.

But only when I click "Forum"
restart Firefox and try again.

lazybones
Visitor

sometimes servers get thir knickers in a twist and their wires crossed. happens if a large number of eople are trying to access the same resource. sometimes it is badly designed input procedures.

it's a case of play elsewhere and return another day.

message the webmaster if there is one; most sites want to improve their services

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

true, lazybones:smileygood_luck:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I agree, time something was done