Join now - be part of our community!

A295HP - Slow down problem

Atlas-Gary
Visitor

A295HP - Slow down problem

Hi guys,

Got a 3 week old A295HP here which for most of the time is very quick and all works fine.

But every so often 3 or 4 times a day I can open something like MS Outllook/Word /IE or Acrobat and it takes 5 mins to open, some times even longer. Its like I click on IE and it does not do anything, like you have not clicked on it. Then 5 min later it fires into life??:smileycry: :slight_frown:

It does this with all the programs on the laptop, but it's quite strange as when your waiting for the program to fire up, things like the start menu still work?

I'm thinking it may be bad memory/CPU? The Centrino CPU going to a really low speed?

Any advice? I have looked at msconfig and services and cant find anything amiss...

Is a call to support needed? What will they say/do? Whats the number?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Mmh......

try to defragment the harddisk.
a other good idea is to review the harddisk on mistake.

Oh, namaste Atlas-Gary

Atlas-Gary
Visitor

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Just done a defrag, makes no difference. Have uninstalled most of the software that runs in the background, but that makes no differance as well.

Any ideas? I have the recovery disks, If i use them will it toatlly format the PC and then put it back like it was when new? That must fix it??

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

How high is the normal CPU usage and how many RAM is used?
(Sorry my english isn't the best)

Mr.C
Visitor

Next time it happens have a look at the system log file to see if explains what has caused the stall in launching the app.

Hopefully there will be some kind of warning message..... :thinking:

Atlas-Gary
Visitor

How high is the normal CPU usage and how many RAM is used?
(Sorry my english isn't the best)

Normal CPU usage is abround 20-50%

Memory (page file) is around 30-70%

Thanks

Atlas-Gary
Visitor

Next time it happens have a look at the system log file to see if explains what has caused the stall in launching the app.

Hopefully there will be some kind of warning message..... :thinking:

Thanks. Will do and report back....

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Also make sure you install the utils.exe package from C:\Utils\ as it does have Sony Notebook Control.