Join now - be part of our community!

I am unable to use recovery utility

profile.country.en_GB.title
mfj119
Visitor

I am unable to use recovery utility

I decided to restore my laptop to original factory settings because it was getting slow and i had a load of old pics and music on it. I clicked on the vaio recovery utility it started and it gave me the following error.

Cannot use this utility for your computer, confirm the model number. I clicked on OK and it took me back to desk top. I shut it down and tried doing it by the F10 key with the same results.

I checked the bios and it is showing model and serial number as reserved and are greyed out so I cant change them.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

PS I cant run VAIO Update either I get the following error message.

Your Model number could not be found on the server (Message Id = 008)

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

There is a problem with your model type being missing or corrupt in the BIOS so your Vaio is not being recognised as a Vaio Model..

You will not be able to rectify this yourself so you will need to contact Vaio Support on Monday for a way forward.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
mfj119
Visitor

I have been trying to get help from Sony for the past 2 days and am just transferred from one person to another till eventually the line gets disconnected .Anyone got any suggestions ,Thanks