Join now - be part of our community!

how do I complain about sony's appalling after sales service?

profile.country.en_GB.title
timbosmart
Visitor

how do I complain about sony's appalling after sales service?

My laptop's graphic card failed. Sony don’t post an email address on their web site, and none of their tame dealers will deal with my particular problem.

Sony have the audacity to charge 35p per minute for a phone call to their help line. I called them two days ago. At the end of that call the Japanese woman I spoke to the wanted me to do a satisfaction survey. I refused because a) the matter had not been completed, and b) I was going to pay 35p per minute for the privilege after their product had failed. F’ing Cheek!

The woman promised a courier would arrive the next day to pick up the laptop and that I would receive a call within two hours to sort out details. Nether happened.

Yesterday I called them a second time and they promised they would txt me to make arrangements for a courier pickup today. They failed to contact me so I don’t know whether to expect a courier or not.

It is now 5 am on the third day. They did not contact me yesterday, and I am now so angry that I am losing sleep.

I will call them again today. IF they don’t fail again, that will have been three calls at 35 p per minute. I am not holding my breath that this third call will succeed either.

Perhaps it is their policy to make their customers make so many calls that they pay for the free repair that Sony then carry out...

Or shall I start legal proceedings in the small claims court?

Message was edited by: timbosmart

So just I called them, and was told that the courier should be between 11 & 12 coming today, even though they failed to contact me again, and that I should not have been calling their premium line phone No, and that both times I called before, I should have been given a direct landline No in case I needed to pursue this claim. The number, for your interest is 01925260090. They failed on that count too. Now I need to wait until lunch time....... Message was edited by: timbosmart

12 REPLIES 12
timbosmart
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

Thanks for athe address. I will write to them. No I have not heard from anyone about the Vaio. It was eventually piked up on Friday. Should I have expected to hear anything by now?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

No not yet but I did give them a nudge so you should hear something next week..

Support staff do not work weekends!!

:thinking:

timbosmart
Visitor

Thanks - I have had a txt saying the item arrived at the repair centre.