Join now - be part of our community!

Going...slowly...nuts...

Exinferis
Visitor

Going...slowly...nuts...

Hi all,

After searching around for half the day I thought I'd post a thread here in the hope that someone can enlighten me.

I bought my shiny new V2M a few months ago and have been delighted with it...until yesterday. I managed to get the new Samsung D500 moile with all it's wonderful Bluetooth conectivity...only to find that the Vaio doesn't support Bluetooth. :cry: At least, not unless I buy more hardware.

Ok, so that I can live with.

Today, however, I thought I'd set up a wireless connection with my two-year-old laptop. The laptop obliged, but the Vaio, again, didn't.

I am astounded that Sony decided not to include wireless networking on this not-so-cheep computer! :anguished: Or, am I missing something? Is it just hiding from me? There's a flippin' wizard for it, so one would assume it's there somewhere!

So, if it's not included in the computer it means I'm going to have to add it. So, what do I need to get (presuming I can't use a PCI piece of equipment as there's nowhere to fit it) and where does it go?

Any help would be greatfully recieved! :smileygrin:

Ex.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

From what I know (and if anyone has a V2 correct me) but it doesn't have wireless, it does have the ability to connect to a wireless media reciever, but not to a wireless network! Sad isn't it?

You'll need a PCMCIA slot or a USB port free to get some sort of dongle or wireless card.

As for bluetooth, it's time it was in more VAIOs.

Exinferis
Visitor

Hi Kee-Lo,

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I find it odd that they've gone to all the trouble of having lovely wireless keyboards and mice, but can't be bothered to include wireless networking! :anguished: Idiotic...

I'll be off to hunt down a wireless card now then...:smileyrolling_eyes: And a Bluetooth connector. Shame you can't get an all-in-one jobbie.

Cheers,

Ex.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah I know, it sucks.

lazybones
Visitor

love your alter ego

have a snoop in your documentation, software version, and look for vaio media. i have different model, but yours is newer, so should think it's geared up for wire free. i only discovered it accidentally while fiddling with various bits after a complete refurbish to factory finish for the enth time.

ca
Visitor

The V2S has wireless the V2M not