Join now - be part of our community!

Error Message: Generic host processes for Win32 services encountered a problem and needed to close

Newmember
Visitor

Error Message: Generic host processes for Win32 services encountered a problem and needed to close

Hi I hope you can help.

I have a Vaio model RS224 and am running XP. I am having problems accessing the internet and receive the following error message:

Error Message
`Generic host processes for Win32 services encountered a problem and needed to close¿

The box below states:
Error signature
szAppName: SzAppVer.0.0.0. szModname; unknown
Sz Modver: 0.0.0. offset 00000000

More information on the page gives this report information:

C://documents~\Sue\Locals~\Temp\WER9.temp.dir00\svchost.exe mdmp
C://documents~1\Sue\Locals ~\Temp\WER9.temp.dir00\appcompat.txt

Problems associated with this message.

Internet keeps cutting out and shows the above message. Can only go on the internet for about 10 minutes before this message occurs.

Difficulty in logging off the internet as Internet Explorer appears to be open - Click on the bt icon or IE and the statement indicates that the internet is still in use although the telephone can be accessed. (Dial up connection used).

The restore function was performed and this has now eliminated the two previous issues below.

Norton Antivirus indicated that a Bloodhound virus was present, although Norton/Symentec did not indicate which particular strain of virus. AVG did not pick up on the virus at all, although updates have not been updated since 2 months ago.

A security message came up on the screen prompting to download some links. Since the restore facility was performed this has gone.

Hope that you can help.

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Hi Newmember

Welcome to the Forum:smileygrin:

Could be anything from a virus to problems synching with the Atomic clock!

I've attached a link click here which may shed some light on your problem.

Let us know if you found it useful.