Join now - be part of our community!

Create own Recovery Disk?

Silencerx9
Visitor

Create own Recovery Disk?

Hi Folks,
last friday i bought a Vaio VGN-S2HP. First thing I did was to create the recovery disks (I used two DVDs for that).

Well, now that there is pretty much software within the bundle I don`t need, I removed it from my system and installed my own software. Now that I have everything that I need, I want to create my own Backup-DVDs. Is that possible with the onboard Recovery Utility? It says my rescue DVDs have already been created. If I start it, does it create a system backup or does it only burn the image on the hidden partition once again?

Sorry for asking, but that's not really clear for me.

Thanks so far,
a satisfied VAIO-User from Germany

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

If you create the recovery disks again then you will only duplicate the ones you already have. If you want to image your drive as it is now then you'll need something like Norton Ghost.

Silencerx9
Visitor

OK, thanks so far. That`s what I wanted to know. Then I'll do it with Drive Image. I just thought, the Recovery Utility can handle this, too.

Will my created Sony recovery DVDs wok if I resize my partitions?

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Yes - they will still work. I usually suggest that people make a couple of sets of the recovery DVDs and try them without removing the recovery partition first just to make sure that they are working OK.

Silencerx9
Visitor

I tested them after creating, they worked. I wanted to be sure not to have trouble recovering my system after deleting the hidden partition and resizing C:

Thanks a lot!