Join now - be part of our community!

Contact

timkerr
Visitor

Contact

Does anyone know the address to write to to complain about Sonys Customer Support and specifically repair status. Just checked on the Vaio Link web site under repair status and it shows that Sony have now managed to replace th broken dvd drive on my computer at the second attempt.

Their first attempt they replaced the dvd+- RW drive and didnt bother to check the broken one so i had to send it back. They then told me that i should insert the product recovery cd to see if that fixed it before they would take it back. When i refused to do this (as i didnt want to loose any data)they tried to tell me that i may be liable for any costs incurred.

A letter of coomplaint probably wont do any good but it might make me feel better so if anyone knows of the address, department or person to send such a letter i would appreciate it.

Cheers

Tim

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Tim

Maybe you should ask this guy he really hates Sony Europe... and I bet he'd share the address.

The more people complain the better, go to the CAB, Trading Standards and keep calling them and tell them you won't go away easily.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Hey are you the guy who has already posted on here about Sony not repairing the DVD-RW first time? The search function is being blindingly unhelpful when I tried to look it up but I don't think you are. Oh whatever. I'll tell you what I told the other guy (sorry if it really was you). If Sony is trying to charge YOU to correct THEIR mistake then you should tell them to stick it up their arse. I cannot believe the nerve they have when it's them who screwed up the repair. I think they are just throwing their weight around because I don't believe any part of the law actually would actually agree that they are in the right. I could be wrong, but if there's any justice then I'm not.

kee-lo_

It's the same guy TT.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Maybe you should ask this guy he really hates Sony Europe... and I bet he'd share the address.

OMG this guy real does have reasonable cause for complaint, to put it mildly! I admire his patients and tenacity. Someone would have been looking for needle and thread if I had received the same service:smileywink:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
kee-lo_

I know, the service which Tim has recieved is well below parr.

HarryS
Visitor

Do you need a contact in Europe? Belgium?