Join now - be part of our community!

Changing Processor Speed

GBS
Visitor

Changing Processor Speed

Hi
I have a PCG-K115Z which usually operates at 3.06GHz. When I place it in standby it drops to 1.6Ghz. The only way I can get it back to 3.06GHz is to shut down and Reboot. There are times when I am only playing music and really dont need the processor at "full gallop" and it would be useful if I could simply reduce the speed down to 1.6Ghz or thereabout. Is there a way to achieve this? The temperatures are much lower when it is running at a slower speed.
All help appreciated.
GBS

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Sorry I don't know.

But after I have installed SP2, the CPU speed goes down when the battery capacity go under 50 %.

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

The Windows processor speed indication is notoriously unreliable. It lies about what speed you are running at so don't believe it :wink:

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

That right Rob, I know that:smileytongue:

It's a mistake in SP2. The sytemconfiguration show me that I have around 900MHz when the Battery capacity is under 10%.

But "Everest Home Edition" show me that I have the full speed. 2665,999...MHz:smileygrin:

very mystical

Igloocharlie
Visitor

I dont't know if this is correct but it is supposed to be Intel's Speedstep technology that adjusts the clock frequency so I would advise looking at the Speedstep trouble shooter at intel.com

Igloocharlie
Visitor

By the way I have also had lot's of problems with the processor changing, VAIO power management won't work kit just stays at 3.06GHz.

Jay1
Visitor

dont know but is VAIO power management enabled??? i remember tht i had to click on icon to enable it

GBS
Visitor

Thanks for all your replies.
I have tried every possible setting in Power Management to see if there are any changes, to no avail.
I have been using "mobilemeter" to detect processor speed...
All comments welcome.

drinkfeckarse
Visitor

my vaio pcg k195hp runs a 1.6 when unpluged

the battery setting in power management is set to adpitive