Join now - be part of our community!

blue ray player problems

johnvlk
Visitor

blue ray player problems

hello guys ..i have a vgn-fz21z and i am trying to see blue ray movie spiderman with power dvd but it seems it doesent work correct ...broblems with sound and it go banana when i hook it up to the tv with hdmi ...anyone help!!!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
coldavie11
New

I have just bought Sony Vaio VGN FZ11Z and I think it is crap compared to my older Toshiba A100 1.6 Ghz 2048Ram 128 intel grafics.

The G-Force grapfic card is half the speed, it stops with a green screen when loading many pictures at the same time, Toshiba did'nt. I do not know if your problem is related to mine, I am waiting to see.

But if it helps you there are a few threads posted about the graphics card, and the HDMI input, other people have had problems with HDMI input also complained about the fact the screen on the VGN FZ serise dose not display at full HD quality.

But you could always use the VGA for now.

Regards Colin

coldavie11
New

No one seens to give a dam ...

Visitor

Maybe you could give more details. Stating that its broken is a little vague. Are you sure its powerDVD, or do you mean WinDVD (which comes as standard with that model). Have you ensured that you have updated your software on the update page, as many new movies require the upgrade.

Colin, your post is a little irrelevant to the subject matter. But whilst here, I had a Toshiba, and I now have the FZ11Z, and the Sony is way quicker and much better, when its set up correctly by me. Im pretty sure that your problems are Vista related (assuming you had XP on your laptop). Most people that have vista have bad expreiences. Had Sony loaded XP on the FZ11Z, then it would be much better.

Fx

mitul_patel
Visitor

Hi,

Pls can you help?
I have the VGN FZ21Z laptop but I accidently dleted the software that comes with the p.c as I thought I had to install the new application fromteh Sony site.

Now I cant play any BR discs pls can you help.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mitch,

Win DVD is unfortunately one of the few pre-installed applications that can only be reinstalled by doing a recovery via the Vaio recovery utility.. :slight_frown:

Make sure you back-up important data before you run the recovery utility. :wink:

profile.country.es_ES.title
alsanti45
Visitor

If someone can traduce this from the spanish, I've a solution. Sorry for my english, it's poor!!

Me descargue el "WinDVD 8 Platinum", y le puse un serial que medejo un amigo.Los parches que ofrece SONY, son para la versión "WinDVD BD 8" asi que haciendo un downgrade bastante grande, me rebajo mi propio "WinDVD 8 Platinum" y le dejo en "WinDVD BD 8", que tiene lo justo para leer DVDs y Blu-Ray, pero es especifico para VAIO y es de la que te dan soporte. ¿Como lo hago? otro amigo mio tiene un FZ11Z, con el "WinDVD BD 8", asi que me copio en un pen-drive todo lo que hay en la carpeta C:\archivos de programa\InterVideo\DVDBD8 del VAIO de mi amigo y a continuación lo pego en la carpeta C:\archivos de programa\Intervideo\DVD8 de mi ordenador, lo que copiado en el pen-drive y le doy a que sustituya todo lo que tenga el mismo nombre.

Y ya tenemos el ¡¡¡¡WINDVD BD 8!!!!