Join now - be part of our community!

battery light

landroverbob
Visitor

battery light

first post so hi everyone :slight_smile:

my vaio k series has developed a problem, when switching off, closing the lid and unplugging the mains lead, the battery light stays on ( the yellow one next to the green power button ) it's never done this before, if i remove the battery it goes out ! when i plug the battery in the light comes on. the battery charges ok but does seem to drain a little fast. i thought the battery light is supposed to go out when running on mains power ? any ideas anyone, have tried sony but their after sales service is rubbish

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to the club,
My wifey has inherited the very robust and reliable K series and even after 4 years my battery is still at least 70% of what it was. Go into the device manager (right click My computer>properties>hardware>device manager> and under the tree for batteries check to see if ACPI compliant drivers are not showing and exclamation mark. Also try disabling and enabling them and or updating the drivers.

landroverbob
Visitor

that's not cured it, any other ideas please ?

tonybeard
Explorer

No exclamation marks I take it. You might due for a new battery they are about £65.

landroverbob
Visitor

i'm not sure that a battery fault would cause the light to stay on when the power is off :thinking: any other ideas ??

landroverbob
Visitor

nobody any ideas or suggestions ? :slight_frown:

wmmxt15
Visitor

Hi landroverbob. Just checking the forum as mine does exactly the same. Mind you apart from the light never going off everything else is OK -  Did you find a solution please?